When it comes to baking, my favourite thing to make is dessert and one of my absolute favourite desserts is chocolate mousse. When I discovered this recipe in a brochure from one of my local supermarkets, I was beyond excited to try it and rushed out the next day to buy the ingredients. This recipe makes quite a large amount of mousse and would create the perfect serving size for 4-5 people. When I made this dessert, the end result wasn’t quite the colour or taste that I was expecting from the recipe but it was delicious none the less.
You Will Need:
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 125g cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons gelatine
- 300ml cream, whipped
What To Do:
- Combine the dark chocolate, boiling water, brown sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Mix with an electric beater until smooth and creamy.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the orange juice and leave to swell for 5 minutes.
- Once swelled, gently heat to melt the gelatine.
- Beat the gelatine into the cream cheese mixture and fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon into serving glasses and place in the refrigerator to set for at least an hour.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and would love to know if you try it out 🙂