On Sunday afternoon while I was trying to think of post to write for this week, my mum mentioned that she had a few lemons that needed to be used up. While thinking of some great lemon recipes, I remembered watching one of Tanya Burr’s videos where she made an amazing lemon drizzle cake and decided to give it a try. This recipe can be found in Tanya Bakes here or on Tanya’s YouTube channel here. Let’s get started!
You Will Need:
- 3 eggs
- 170g Self Raising Flour
- 170g Caster Sugar
- 170g Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 110g Icing Sugar
- 2 lemons
What To Do:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius and grease the cake tin of your choice.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, self raising flour, caster sugar, butter and baking powder until smooth and creamy.
- Add the zest of 2 lemons to the cake batter and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin and place in the oven for 30-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when pressed into the cake.
- While the cake is cooking, mix together the icing sugar and juice of 2 lemons to create a runny syrup.
- Once the cake has been removed from the oven, while still hot, make several holes all over the cake with a skewer and pour the syrup over the top to soak in.
I am really happy with how this cake turned out and would love to see how yours turn out as well! 🙂