As the warmer months are approaching, it is time to start thinking of some cool, refreshing snacks that are perfect for the summer time. I try to make the most of the delicious summer fruits and fresh vegetables for my snacks as they are healthy, light and you can make so many incredible things out of them. I have decided to share a few of my favourite go-to summer snacks with you over the next few months. All of the recipes are very simple to make and are made with things that you are more than likely to already have in your house 🙂
The first recipe I have to share with you is homemade salsa. This is a recipe that I threw together last summer, it is full of fresh vegetables and is great served with toasted pita bread. Let’s get started!
You Will Need:
- 2 Celery Sticks
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion
- 1/4 Cucumber (large, 1/2 if it is a smaller one)
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- Sprinkle of Paprika
- Sprinkle of Chilli Powder (or fresh chillis if you have them)
- 1/2 Capsicum
What To Do:
- Chop all vegetables very finely and place into a medium sized bowl.
- Sprinkle over your desired amount of paprika and chilli powder.
- Gradually add in the lemon and lime juice, tasting as you go. (I tend to put in quite alot as I like it extremely mild).
- Mix together until well combined and serve fresh with toasted pita bread or corn chips.
The salsa can be kept refrigerated for up to 5 days in an airtight container. I really hope you enjoyed this recipe and would love to know what your go-to summer snacks are! 🙂