As Valentines Day is just around the corner, I wanted to bake something for this weeks post that could be used as a great gift and could also be made any other day of the year. I wasn’t really sure what to make as my boyfriend and I don’t really celebrate Valentines Day, but as I was scrolling through a few Pinterest recipes, I thought ‘why not make raspberry chocolate brownies?’ They include chocolate and the colour red, so it seemed like the perfect choice! Let’s get baking! 🙂
You Will Need:
- 200g butter
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
What To Do:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a brownie tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter over medium heat. Add the cocoa powder and stir until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Pour in the sugar and vanilla essence and stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, stir until well combined.
- Fold in the raspberries and pour mixture into the prepared baking tin.
- Place in the oven for about 40 minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool, sprinkle with icing sugar and cut into 12 squares.
You can find the original brownie recipe here.