A few weeks ago, my mum mentioned that she had a few lemons to use up, so I offered to make her a lemon cheesecake. I spent a few minutes searching for a good recipe to use that didn’t include gelatin, as I have made a cheesecake with gelatin before and I really wasn’t happy with the result. The best recipe I found was on Nigella.com, and it turned out so well that this will be my new go to recipe. This cheesecake received so much praise that I will definitely be making it again in the near future. Let’s get started!
Note: I have adjusted this recipe to the exact measurements I used, but you can find the original recipe below.
You Will Need:
- 395g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 250g carton cream cheese
- 300ml whipped cream
- 6 large lemons
- 12 digestive biscuits (crushed)
- 80g butter
What To Do:
- Grease a round cake tin with a removable base.
- Melt the butter over a low heat and add the crushed biscuits. Stir until the biscuits soak up all the butter.
- Pour biscuit crumbs in the prepared cake tin and press with your fingertips until firm. Place in the refrigerator.
- Place the cream cheese into a large bowl and soften with an electric whisk.
- Slowly add the sweetened condensed milk and mix well after each addition until smooth.
- Start by folding in the whipped cream, and mix until smooth with the electric whisk.
- Add the lemon juice to the mixture slowly and mix well after each addition until thickened.
- Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until firm before serving.
- Top with lemon zest and mint.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and I would love to see your recreations 🙂
You can find the original recipe here.