The recipe I’m going to share with you today is one of my absolute favourite things to make around this time of year. Although I have done quite a few cupcake recipes lately, there’s always room to squeeze in one more, especially when it comes to Easter. I didn’t really have a particular plan in mind while making these, but they are definitely one of the best I have made so far, in my opinion. I hope you enjoy this recipe and I would love to know what your favourite Easter treat to make is 🙂 Let’s get started!
You Will Need:
- 3/4 cup & 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/4 cup & 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large bar milk or dark chocolate
- 1 bag of mini eggs
What To Do:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a cupcake tin with paper cases.
- Sift your dry ingredients into a large bowl, then add both sugars and stir well.
- Add the egg, vanilla essence, milk and oil and beat with an electric mixer until combined.
- Pour in the boiling water and mix until just combined. Keep in mind that the mixture will will be very runny.
- Transfer the mixture into a large jug and pour into the cupcake cases until they are 3/4 full.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove from the oven and place onto a wire rack to cool.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, you can start preparing your decorations by grating about 2 rows of a large chocolate bar.
- To make your icing, place your butter into a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer on a high speed for about 5 minutes.
- Add the icing sugar and mix slowly until a smooth icing starts to form.
- Add the vanilla essence and milk and mix on a high speed for about 10 minutes or until your icing becomes white.
- Using a star nozzle, pipe the icing into a swirl on the centre of each cooled cupcake.
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate and place 3 mini eggs into the centre of each swirl.
You can find the original recipe here.