As it is nearing the middle of Winter here in New Zealand, there is nothing better than cosying up in front of the fire with a good book and a warm cookie straight from the oven. My number one favourite cookie will always be chocolate chip (you can find the recipe here), but over the weekend I was really in the mood for something a bit more chocolate-y. After checking Pinterest for a few ideas, I settled on triple chocolate cookies (because who doesn’t want 3 times the amount of chocolate?!). For these cookies I decided to use a recipe for plain chocolate cookies which I’ve had since my year 7 cooking class, and add in a few handfuls of chocolate chips, so I am not entirely sure where this recipe is orginally from. You all know I like to credit the authors of the recipes that I share with you on this blog so if you know where the orginal recipe is from, please let me know 🙂
Let’s get started!
Note: This recipe makes about 18 biscuits depending on the size that you decide to make them.
You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius and line 2-3 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla essence and beat well until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and cornflour. Gradually add to the wet ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
- Carefully stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place evenly on the baking trays (make sure to leave enough room around each ball for them to spread).
- Place in the oven and bake for 11 minutes. They should look slightly doughy when taken out of the oven so be sure not to over cook them.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the baking tray before moving them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
These have quickly become one of my favourite cookies so I will definitely be making them again. I would love to know what you think of them 🙂